Savukku always believes that words that doesn't translate into action is meaningless. So, as a follow up action, today (15.10.2010) a complaint has been filed for a probe into the corruption against Thiru.Sunil Kumar,IPS., Joint Director, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (?????).
Savukku dares Ms.S.Malathi, the top most bureaucrat in the State to order a probe against Sunil Kumar where there is a prima facie case, with the same swiftness and hurry shown in the case of A.K.Viswanathan. To recollect for the benefit of readers, a three member committee consisting Chief Secretary, Vigilance Commissoner and the Home Secretary ordered a Detailed Enquiry against A.K.Viswanathan,IPS., the next day they received a complaint against him. People who are in the know of things would definitely see through the evil designs of Jaffer Sait and K.Radhakrishnan in ordering a probe against A.K.Viswanathan, in a jiffy.
Though there could be no doubt that any allegations of corruption should be probed to its logical end, selective probe against people who cross swords with power centers and turning a Nelson's eye against scorchingly corrupt people cannot be tolerated.
For the benefit of our readers, the complaint sent today is furnished below.
1) The Chief Secretary
Public (Special.A) Department
Chennai. 600 009
2) The Secretary to Government,
Home (SC) Department
Chennai 600 009
3) The Director
Vigilance and Anti-Corruption
Sub: Public Servants – Allegation of possession of assets
Disproportionate to known sources of income – preferred.
Thiru.Sunil Kumar is a 1988 batch IPS Officer, officer borne on the cadre of Tamil Nadu. He is a public servant as defined under section 2 (c) (i) of the Prevention of Corruption Act 1988.
2) Between the check period from 01.05.2006 and 31.12.2009, Thiru.Sunil Kumar is in possession of assets and pecuniary resources to the tune of Rs.10 crores. The details of immovable properties possessed by Sunil Kumar in his name in the name of his family members are furnished below:
- One acre land in Yelagiri, Vellore District
- Two grounds measuring 4800 Sq. Ft. Manapakkam.
- One acre in Thaiyur village in Kancheepuram District
- Four grounds in Sholinganallur
- Four grounds in Karapakkam
- Half acre three places in (total one-and-a half acres) Ooty
- 25 cents in Kutralam
- One acre in Hosur District
- 20 cents in Kovaipudur, Coimbatore District.
Besides the above properties, Thiru.Sunil Kumar is in possession of movable properties in the form of jewels, fixed deposits, shares and debentures in his name and in his family member’s name.
3) Thus, Thiru.Sunil Kumar has committed offences punishable under Sections 13 (1) (e) r/w 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988. His wife and his family members on whose names the properties stand, have committed offences punishable under Section 109 of IPC.
4) Thiru.Sunil Kumar has obtained a seat under ‘Government Discretionary Quota’ in the Anna University for his son Apoorva Kumar, by applying for the same with the government. His son has been allotted with a seat in the Branch Electronics and Communication.
5) Thus being a public servant, Thiru.Sunil Kumar, while holding office as a public servant, by obtaining for his son ‘any valuable thing or pecuniary advantage without any public interest’ has committed an offence punishable under section 13 (1) (d) (iii) r/w 13 (2) of the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
6) A case under the relevant provisions of the Prevention of Corruption Act may kindly be registered and investigated against Thiru.Sunil Kumar, IPS., Joint Director, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption, Chennai.
7) Since Thiru.Sunil Kumar,IPS is holding an important post of supervising corruption cases against public servants in his capacity as Joint Director, would make the proposed investigation against him ineffective. As such, Thiru.Sunil Kumar,IPS may immediately be transferred out of the post of Joint Director, DVAC, and placed under suspension to facilitate a free and fair investigation.
Dear Sunil Kumar, though physiotheraphy may provide succur and solace for your back pain, you may not find any treatment for the headache savukku is going to give you, if you fail to severe your ties with PEEPING TOM.